Cristina Marquez ArroyoTranslator - Editor
BS Computer Sciences
Professional Translation Services
The highest quality, cost effective localisation and translation services from English into Spanish language and vice versa. Solid experience in Software Localisation and Computers related documentation. Call, Fax or e-mail us, we will get back to you by return.
- English-Spanish Translation Services
- Software Localisation
Fields of expertise
- Computer Science (Systems and Applications)
- Software and Hardware documentation
- On line help files, Bitmaps
- Computer Based Instruction
- Patents, Licenses and Contracts
- Power plants
- Applications Software (Medical, Industrial, ...)
- Technical Information, Telecommunications
- Marketing, Personnel Handbooks
- Domestic Appliances
- Educational Material - Children's Literature
- And my favorite: Music, Opera and Ballet
Summary of qualifications
- Experienced Translator with strong native writing skills in Spanish and English languages. Working bilingual experience in the Computer Science field in Argentina and the United States.
- Full-time freelance at present.
- Twenty years of experience in translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Average of 75,000 words per month for firms in Argentina, Canada, France, Israel, Mexico, Spain, United States, Uruguay, and others.
- New York State Certified Court and Administrative Hearing Interpreter.
EducationBS Computer Science, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Professor of Exact Sciences, CONSUDEC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Translator in English Language, National Professor's Institute, Argentina
- IBM PC compatible
- Laser Printer
- Windows 95 - Windows 3.x
- MS Word - Word Perfect
- FrameMaker - PageMaker
- Accent Publisher - Accent Professional
- QuattroPro - Lotus - Excel
On line Services
Professional experienceFreelance Technical Translator 1985-present: Full-time
New York State 9th Judicial District, USA
1989-present: Certified Court Interpreter (Per Diem)
IBM Latin American Translation Centre
1978/1984: Editor - Technical Support Administrator.
BYTE Magazine, Spanish issue distributed monthly throughout Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay.
All on-site services provided by Lic. Eduardo M. Camihort
- We estimate the size and scope of your project to provide an accurate schedule and cost quotation.
- We determine the cultural references specific to the target country and use international examples accordingly.
- We design portability into your code from the start, thus avoiding expensive rewrites.
- We assure that all international requirements are built into the design and implementation of the project.
- We help writers to identify translation deliverables and support translation requirements.
- We provide terminology lists and glossaries for every project.
- We bundle the final product, including the updates to source files.
- We ensure that the user information will be flexible, coherent and readily available to eliminate delays in launching the local Spanish versions of the product.
- We check the final product to verify accuracy and consistency amongst actual software, on-line and hard-copy documentation.
- MS in Computer Sciences
- System Engineer - Consultant
- Specialised in Software Localisation
If you are looking for many years of solid experience in Software Localisation and English-Spanish translation...
If you need accuracy, promptness and reliability in DOS, Windows or Macintosh platforms...
Please contact us now and we will be only too happy to discuss your needs.
And in case you want to meet my friends or visit my favorite sites...
- Joan Manuel Serrat
- The Resource for Spain
- ACCENT Home Page
- Fernando Cassia
- Las paginas de Luis Pescetti
- Postcards from Argentina
- Bienvenidos a AOLSA
- Amigos argentinos
- Instituto Cervantes
- Vademecum EFE
- Translator's Home Companion
- Revista IDIOMANIA
Cristina Marquez ArroyoTelephone: 914-565-0659
86 Balmville Road
Newburgh, NY 12550-1401
Designed and maintained by tuspain.com
© 1996 tuspain.com
All Rights Reserved.